The objectives of this session are:
- To reflect upon our own ideas and assumptions about (bi)sexuality and how this might influence our practice.
- To understand the range of experiences and identities under the bisexual umbrella.
- To consider how societal bisexual invisibility and biphobia impact on bisexual people and others who are attracted to more than one gender.
- To overview the kinds of issues which might bring bisexual people to seek help/support, and potential barriers to seeking support.
- To determine good practice with bisexual people.
- Stereotypes around bisexuality.
- Definitions and extent of bisexuality.
- Wider understandings of sexuality: The place of bisexuality.
- Bisexual invisibility and biphobia.
- Key issues facing bisexual people.
- Support and community.
- Good practice with bisexual people.
Final reflections and questions, additional resources.