In advance of our new book, How to Understand Your Relationships (last book in our How to Understand Your… series), Alex Iantaffi and I recently spoke with Jaï Bristow for the upcoming summit on Healing Toxic Relationships.
In our conversation, we cover:
- Why toxic dynamics arise in relationships,
- The role of cultural trauma and developmental trauma in our relational patterns and dynamics,
- How our responses to toxic relationships can risk furthering the problem and how we might respond differently,
- How important it is to broaden out our understanding of relationships, to consider toxic dynamics that show up in all kinds of relationships, not just intimate partnerships, and
- How we might know when it is a good idea to remain in a relationship, when it’s not, and what the spectrum of options may be in relation to this.
Or wait for the book which should be out next year.